10 days until Christmas? Wait what?! Whowhatwhenwherewhy!
How? I haven’t done ANY of my Christmas activities yet, except for getting a tree.
Things that need to get done in the next 10 days- Macy’s 8th floor, Holidazzle, Christmas cookies at Nana’s, sledding, ginger bread house making (!!!), sit on santa’s lap (no wait, that’s super creepy), watch Elf and The Family Stone.
I’m seriously hoping the boyfriend brings a ginger bread kit over after work. I don’t care if it’s 3 am, this stuff needs to get done people!! Santa is watching!
Until then, a little Christmas survey shall we? You know my love for surveys and I know your hate for them. Let’s go!
Eggnog or hot chocolate?
- Hot chocolate with egg nog in it. Egg nog, egg nog, do a little egg nog dance. That sums up my love for it. Got it? Good. But I don’t allow myself to keep egg nog in the house due to my lack of self-control. Sorry egg nog, you ain’t welcome in this household no more!
Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
- Santa wraps them. And apparently my wiener dogs know how to wrap presents as well. Who would a thunk?!
Colored lights on tree/house or white?
- Ooo tough call. Gosh, I swear it all depends on the home décor. For example, in my house, colored lights are great because it goes with the whimsilcal-ness (notaword) but say in Martha Stewart’s house I can only imagine white lights. Catch my drift?
Do you hang mistletoe?
- No but I need some in my life! I want to staple mistletoe to Corey’s head so I can always have a reason to kiss his face off! (Yeah, I just barfed too)
When do you hang your decorations up?
- Usually around June. No i’m kidding. I’ll get serious, it’s more like late November/early December. I have like one or two Christmas decorations so it’s a lot of work and usually takes the whole day. 😉
What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
- Oh gosh- this egg bake my mom makes for Christmas morning with spicy sausage. Ksfaksjfklskdf nomnomnom. Sorry, my fingers just ate the keyboard.
Favorite holiday memory as a child?
- Just one?! Hmm…I just remember always being SO excited on Christmas eve. My sister and I would always have a sleepover that night and discuss Christmas morning. Plus, we would write super awesome letters to Santa:
Are you real? We won’t tell anyone, we promise. Just leave a little sign for us! Also, enjoy the cookies. Mom didn’t bake them; she doesn’t know how to bake.
Bert & Caitlin
What is on your Christmas wish list?
- Kind of boring things like this necklace I love and a new yoga mat. And a puppy, always a puppy.
Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve?
- Nope and that’s how I like it! I think opening them on Christmas eve would ruin the excitement of Christmas morning!
Snow? Love it or dread it?
- Love it on Christmas morning then I am SO over it. Driving in it? Please god no. I turn into a panicked grandma, it’s not a pretty sight. I will crash into you, so stay off the roads.
Real tree or fake tree?
- Real! All you fake tree buyers out there, shame on you! I’m judging. Get a real tree darn it.
Do you remember your favorite gift?
- My cell phone when I was 16? That’s so sad but I think that’s the truth. I remember sitting in my room ALL day talking to my boyfriend at the time and racking up a $700 texting bill. (remember that bill mom?) tee.hee.
What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
- Being with my family. I love all of the little traditions we have created. It’s truly my most favorite part of the holidays.
What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Shut up- Christmas cookies! Duh. I love the ones with the little kisses in the middle. But let’s be serious I will eat any kind of Christmas cookie. Think I’m lying? These hips don’t lie.
What is your favorite tradition?
- Gee! This makes me sound dorky as a 23-year-old but I’m so okay with it. Every Christmas morning we have to WAIT to come out of our bedrooms until dad has gotten his coffee. This is especially hard because my dad is slow…I mean S L O W. So it feels like it takes hours for him to walk down the hallway, into the kitchen, then to the living room. I still get antsy.
What tops your tree?
- Nothing this year because my tree doesn’t stand up straight. It mostly just lies on the floor on its side. Ugh don’t even get me started.
Do you prefer giving or receiving?
- Giving! I’m so awkward receiving presents, I hate when people watch me. In fact, I decided this year I’m going to sit in the corner with a blanket over my head while I unwrap presents.
What is your favorite Christmas song?
- I’mmmm dreammmming offfff a (hhhh)wwwwhite christmassss!
Candy canes, yuck or yum?
- Yum only if they are the starburst candy canes. And if that is the case, than a big fat yum!
Favorite Christmas movie?
- The family stone (!!!!!)
What do you leave for Santa?
- Cookies, milk, carrots and my little brother.
Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
- We open presents, (stockings first!!), mom makes breakfast, dad helps with electronics, and then we all stare at the yule log and talk about how much we love christmas. Well, basically that’s how it goes. One year I made everyone watch the whole series of The Newlyweds with Nick and Jessica. I’m not sure why that tradition didn’t last? It was my most favorite one.
Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
Christmas letter or Christmas card?
- I was thinking of making a Christmas movie this year? Staring me. And Only me. Well, I guess baby Jesus can be in it too.
Well now wasn’t that fun! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night. Peace out.